Friday 22 January 2010

Practice Filming

I think our practice filming went alright. The only thing we need to work on is making sure we have every single shot planned in detail before filming so that we do not waste time in our locations. We can't stand there in the library or in Superchef taking hours to tell our actors how to sit and figure out where the camera will stand at last minute.

I suggest we go to the locations we already have permission from, and plan everything there before the shooting. Otherwise we may have a different idea in mind but will have to change at last minute if the location doesn't fit our ideas.

Also, we need to really brief the actors beforehand so they know exactly how they are sitting and make sure they do not change any vital positions. We observed this when Dilwinder was being filmed while writing on the table, and in the next shot she had her hand under her chin. We can't afford to make mistakes like that because people will spot it immediately.

I've spoken to Acropolis Restaurant and they told me we cannot discuss things like that on the phone. I told them we'll be popping in on Monday to speak to the manager, so if anybody can't make it you have to tell me now so I can call them and cancel.

Vardan

No comments:

Post a Comment